- 1 loaf french bread, cut lengthwise
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (take some help from the store and get a store bought rotisserie chicken. You will use about 1/2 the meat to equal 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayo (you can use light)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (you can use light)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used medium cheddar)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place french bread on large baking sheet. Mix all topping ingredients together in a bowl. Spread topping evenly on top of both lengths of french bread. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
Original recipe makes 15 servings
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 2 green onions, minced
- 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and green onions. Spread this mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle red pepper, celery, black olives, and cheese (if you’d like) over the cream cheese mixture. Roll up the tortillas, then wrap them tightly in aluminum foil.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight. Cut off ends of the rolls, and slice the chilled rolls into 1 inch slices.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Original recipe makes 30 nuggets
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2-inch sized pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. Put melted butter in a bowl or dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.